Things to Do
The track network allows visitors to explore the park on a variety of short or long walks. Walkers intending to try part or all of the Wilderness Coast Walk need to obtain a permit from Parks Victoria.
- Rivers and inlets offer the safest swimming, but beware of strong currents near entrance areas.
- Fishing is permitted in the park. A Recreational Fishing Licence is required for all Victorian waters.
- Some of Australia’s best flat-water canoeing can be enjoyed on the rivers and inlets of the park.
- The parks variety of flora and fauna make it excellent for all aspects of nature studies and photography.
- Four-wheel diving
- Walking tracks
- Bookings are required for camping during peak periods and year-round fees apply.
- Enquiries and bookings for the Thurra and Mueller campgrounds should be made at the Point Hicks Lightstation office, phone (03) 5158 4268 .
- Apply to Mallacoota Parks Victoria Office phone (03) 5161 9500 for Tamboon Inlet, Wingan Inlet, Shipwreck Creek and Peach Tree Camp.
- All food and drinking water needs to be taken in. Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Department of Human Services Better Health website www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au.
- Access to camping areas is by rough gravel roads which may be closed to vehicles after heavy rain. Camping is not permitted around the Mallacoota Lakes. Remote campsites along the coast are available for walkers on overnight hikes (permit required).
Croajingolong National Park covers 87,500 hectares and extends for 100 km along the wilderness coast of Victoria’s East Gippsland. It protects remote beaches, tall forests, heathland, rainforest, estuaries and granite peaks.
- campsites unpowered
- tourist information
- BBQ facilities
For more information and bookings:
Phone: 131 963
Croajingalong National Park
Access road lead from the Princess highway or from mallacoota
Both comments and pings are currently closed.